Apache Friends has just released a new version of their most popular project “XAMPP”.
In this version there are a lot of improvements and module updates. The latest version of XAMPP is not available in MacOS but is in progress. The latest version of XAMPP includes:
- Apache 2.4.2
- MySQL 5.5.25a
- PHP 5.4.4
- phpMyAdmin 3.5.2
- FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.41
- Tomcat 7.0.28 (with mod_proxy_ajp as connector)
- Strawberry Perl 126.96.36.199 Portable
- XAMPP Control Panel 3.0.12
Many people know from their own experience that it’s not easy to install an Apache web server and it gets harder if you want to add MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use – just download, extract and start.
At the moment there are four XAMPP versions:
- a version for Linux systems (tested for Ubuntu, SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake and Debian)
- a version for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista and Windows 7
- a beta version for Solaris SPARC (developed and tested under Solaris 8),
- and a beta version for Mac OS X.
These Mac OS X and Solaris versions of XAMPP are still in the first steps of development. Use at you own risk!
You can find XAMPP project here.